Yes, I did it again.
I left some bananas in the fruit bowl too long.
Meaning they were waaaay too overripe to eat, yes, but perfect for a batch of banana muffins.
This time I went with a simple version. No coconut, no berries, just the addition of raisins for some extra sweetness.
What I love about recipes like these is the yield. Some for now, some for later, and some packaged up and frozen for school lunchbox treats.
And suddenly leaving a few bananas in the fruit bowl too long doesn’t seem like such a bad idea after all!
Banana raisin muffins (makes 12)
- 2 cups self raising flour – sifted
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a muffin pan with cases.
- Combine dry ingredients, and make a well in the centre.
- Combine eggs, bananas, oil, yoghurt and milk – and pour into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined, then fold through the raisins.
- Spoon into the muffin cases, and bake for 20 minutes – or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.