As I mentioned here, I have been having a lot of fun with our weekly vegetable boxes from Aussie Farmers Direct. I am, however, falling behind in blogging about the dishes we have created, as this was one of the dishes I made from our first box. The inspiration? A beautiful head of cauliflower. Boiled, processed… Then jazzed up with a few extra ingredients. To create a simple yet tasty cauliflower pie. I served this as a dinner ‘side’ for a couple nights, but it also made a rather tasty ‘heat and eat’ lunch too. Perfect for when you have a grizzly bub in one hand, and a tummy that is crying out for food. Showcasing one of my favourite vegetables too! Cauliflower pie
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice
- Salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a pie dish.
- Boil cauliflower for 5 minutes, drain, then process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, potato, sour cream and Chinese five spice, and season to taste.
- Spread into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with parmesan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
What about you? Are you a fan of cauliflower?