Yes, friends, cocktail season continues in the MCP household, and I am having a lot of fun creating some new drinks to add to our entertaining repertoire.
This particular cocktail was inspired by the beautiful peaches I came across during a recent trip to the market. I have been eating stone fruit by the bucket-load lately, and figured why not make them the star ingredient of a drink to share with friends.
The peaches were peeled and pureed, then frozen in ice cube trays overnight. The frozen fruit was then laced with raspberry vodka and prosecco, blended to icy perfection, and topped up with a little extra prosecco for good measure.
I actually had grand plans of serving this cocktail on what I expected would be a warm and summery day. But Canberra had other plans, instead presenting us with a cold, grey and rainy day.
And although we may have somewhat unusually indulged in these icy cocktails with the heater on this particular occasion, they were certainly refreshing, and I have no doubt they will make more appearances in the (hopefully) warmer months to come!
- 4 peaches blanched, peeled and coarsley chopped
- 150 ml raspberry vodka
- 250 ml prosecco + extra to serve
- peach slices to garnish the glasses
- Puree the peaches in a food processor until smooth. Pour into an icecube tray, and freeze.
- Blend the peach ice cubes with the vodka and prosecco. Divide among 4 serving glasses and top with extra prosecco and a slice of peach.