And so we have ourselves another long weekend! It really does feel as though we’ve had quite the run of them lately.
Unfortunately the weather has been a little drab, meaning outdoor adventures are not all that appealing. Instead, we’ve been making the most of having quiet time at home. Movies have been watched, artwork has been created, and games have been played. I even managed to finish another book (!) and gratefully ticked off some little admin tasks I’ve had on my ‘to do’ list for a while.
There has also been time spent in the kitchen. I cooked up a chicken tikka masala last night, and I’ve got some homemade vegetable stock currently bubbling away on the stove. And this morning, when I realised a couple of bananas had seemingly turned brown overnight, a batch of banana muffins was the solution!
I decided to add a chocolate spin to my regular recipe – for with the fog lingering outside – chocolate would surely add some cheer. Some were topped with walnuts, some without (school friendly). We enjoyed some of the muffins warm straight out of the oven for morning tea, with the rest being packaged away to be added to the lunchboxes during the week.
Not a bad way to spend a long weekend indeed!
- 125 g butter softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1.5 cups self raising flour
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 160C (fan forced). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixer until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the banana and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Sift in cocoa powder and flour, and add milk. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon into prepared cases, and top with walnuts (optional). Bake for 30 minutes (or until cooked through).
One thought on “Chocolate Banana Muffins”
The muffins look fantastic. It was good to see the sun out for a few hours today.