I wanted to try a new slice creation when asked to ‘bring a plate’ to a friend’s BBQ the other week. Normally I take my rocky road, or lemon slice, but with a packet of Tim Tams sitting in the cupboard – well I had my inspiration to try something new.
On the subject of Tim Tams – they really are quite iconically Australian, aren’t they. So much so that when we had Japanese exchange students stay with us when I was younger, they took back packets of Tim Tams by the suitcase-load. They weren’t all that fussed about Vegemite, but they couldn’t get enough when it came to Tim Tams!
But I digress.
This ‘no bake’ Tim Tam slice was made simply with biscuits, Tim Tams (of course), condensed milk, butter, coconut and cocoa powder.
Combined, pressed into a pan, then topped with white chocolate and more biscuit pieces. Then it was into the fridge to set – no baking required.
Then, after a few hours, the slice was ready to slice and serve.
I’m pleased to report that the slice had all the hallmarks of their biscuit inspiration. Full of chocolate and crunch.
A word of warning though….you may find it difficult to stop at just once piece…
|Prep Time||20 minutes + cooling time|
- 250 g Marie biscuits chopped
- 330 g Tim Tam biscuits chopped
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
- 150 g butter
- 3 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 200 g white chocolate
- Line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Place the sweetened condensed milk, butter and cocoa powder in a small saucepan, and heat over a low heat - stirring until the butter has melted and the mixture is combined. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, combine the Marie biscuits, half of the chopped Tim Tams and coconut in a large bowl. Add the butter mixture and stir until well combined. Press into the prepared slice tin.
- Melt the white chocolate, and pour over the slice. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped Tim Tams and place into the fridge for a few hours to set. Slice and serve.