This week’s healthy lunchbox treat was named by Miss C. For she is a big fan of lamingtons, and declared these little balls to be rather similar to lamingtons when I packed some in her lunchbox.
But, unlike their cake counterparts, these little balls have no butter, sugar or flour. Rather, they are sweetened with medjool dates, and given their chocolate flavour with some cacao powder.
Some I rolled in coconut….
Others I kept ‘plain’…
But both came together beautifully, and we now have a big bowl of these lamington balls in the fridge to ‘grab and go’ when the afternoon slump hits.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 10 Medjool dates soaked in water and then pitted
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbs sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut + extra
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tbs coconut oil melted
- 1 tbs cacao powder
- Process the oats and sunflower seeds in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the dates, coconut, honey, chia seeds, coconut oil and cacao powder- and process until combined. Add a little water if you think the mixture needs more liquid.
- Roll into balls (and coat with extra coconut if you like). I wet my hands a little to help with this step.
These balls are best stored in the fridge.
Share this Recipe
2 thoughts on “Healthy Lamington Balls”
A fantastic idea Lisa. Miss C looks so happy with her Lamington ball.