It’s all too easy to turn to the ol’ green salad or Greek salad when guests are due. Well for me anyway.
With this in mind, I’m always on the lookout for new and interesting salads. Something that is fresh, healthy and full with flavour – and well this one definitely hit the mark.
For rather than just relying on the usual salad base of mesculin, this salad was also filled with another favourite green of mine – broccoli!
Jazzed up with some snowpeas and flaked almonds for crunch and lightly coated in a little sesame oil. Then finished with a creamy tahini dressing on the side.
On this occasion we served the salad alongside some chicken burgers, but it would easily work as a tasty meal on its own. Definitely a keeper!
Broccoli Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Mesculin leaves
- 1 head broccoli, broken into small florets (and slice the stem thinly)
- Handful of snowpeas, sliced
- Handful of chopped fresh herbs (I used parsley and mint)
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tbs natural yoghurt
- 2 tbs white vine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- TO make the dressing, combine the tahini, yoghurt, vinegar and garlic. Add a few tablespoons of water, or until the desired consistency is reached. Set aside.
- Steam the broccoli for a few minutes or until slightly softened. Place in a bowl with the lettuce, snowpeas, herbs, and sesame oil and toss to combine.
- Arrange the salad on a plate, and sprinkle with the almonds. Serve with the tahini dressing.
2 thoughts on “Broccoli Salad with Tahini Dressing”
Looks wonderful Lisa
Looks delicious and colourful – I wanted salad tonight to go with leftover pasta but just chopped up some vegies – wish I had done something like this